- This event has passed.
Introduction to Ecotherapy- Sept. 26
September 26 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$185
Are You Ready…?
• For more time outdoors?
• To bring the healing powers of Nature into your work and daily life?
• To more often feel that wonderful sense of ease and connection with all of life?
The erroneous notion of modern society that we humans are somehow separate from or not a part of Nature causes much of our distress and dis-ease. Logically, we can understand this– what or where else could we be? Yet this alienation is so commonplace in western culture that we often don’t even notice it. And even as we are awakening to the gravity of this situation for the larger biosphere, we are still just learning how best to respond.
Through an array of theories and practices ecopsychology and it’s applied form, known as ecotherapy, seek to redress this fundamental alienation and restore the wellness that comes when we live with a felt sense of
connection to Nature all around and within us. As healers and helpers, there is much we can do to ally ourselves and our efforts with the healing forces of Nature.
Come Join Us to:
• Experience your self and body more deeply as a part of Nature
• Learn how this elemental connection has everything to do with your well-being
• Learn tools for helping yourself and others connect with Nature and orient to life in healthy, supportive and energizing ways
We’ll spend the entire day outdoors, blending discussion of pertinent ideas with ample periods of experiential activities, quiet reflection and a chance to consider how to integrate the day’s learning into one’s work
or life. Open to healing arts professionals as well as the general public, this fun, experiential day on the land will introduce participants to some basic principles and practices of the field of ecotherapy.
Continuing Education credits: 7 CE credits are available for this program (for an additional fee)
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Wilderness Reflections at info(at)WildernessReflections.com. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
Licensure hours- ACSWs, AMFTs and other interns may count hours towards licensure.