JOIN WITH NATURE AND TRANSFORM YOUR THERAPY PRACTICE!
- You’re tired of working inside an office all day
- You are already working with clients as a therapist, coach or helper of some kind
- You find nature to be one of the greatest healers
- You have found personal growth most effective when it was felt in your body
- You want to deepen your relationship with nature
- You want to learn how to be in right relationship with your land and its original inhabitants
- You want to work with clients outdoors but have no idea where to start….
We are here to show you that you can create a beautiful Nature-allied therapy (or coaching) practice that is safe, ethical, highly effective and rewarding to both client and therapist. And in the process you will feel more alive, engaged and connected as you deepen relationship your own reciprocal relationship with Nature.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to safely and effectively work with your clients outside
- How to be in right relationship with the land you’re working on
- How to transfer your work into the outdoor setting
- How to assess your clients’ appropriateness for outdoor sessions
- What legal and ethical issues you need to be aware of and how to manage them
- How to reflect upon and improve your relationship with the original inhabitants of the land where you live and work
- What physical safety concerns you need to track and manage to keep you and your clients safe
And you will receive practice management tools to keep for your own use:
- Our Ecotherapy Starter Handout Set including…
- Law & Ethics Study Guide- What to Watch For
- Study Guide- How to Manage Potential Interruptions & Breaches of Confidentiality
- Checklist- Preparation for Outdoor Sessions
- Example Informed Consent and Waiver for Outdoor Sessions
- Example Health Screening Form
- Cultural Identity Specific Outdoor and Environmental Groups & Resources
Taken on its own, Therapy Outside the Box will prepare you to bring the clinical skills and approaches you already know into outdoor therapeutic settings.
This course may also be taken as Module I of our much more comprehensive training, the Professional Ecotherapy Certification Program (PECP). The rest of the PECP includes skill building in clinical ecotherapy approaches, theory, supervised practice sessions, demonstrations, how to write treatment plans and interface with mainstream EHR/insurance systems and supports students in envisioning, launching and promoting their own ecotherapy work. See more details on the PECP here.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Continuing Education Credits: 20 CE credits available for this program (for an additional fee of $75)
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Wilderness Reflections at info@WildernessReflections.com.
For questions about CE, contact Spiritual Competency Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensure hours- ACSWs, AMFTs and other interns may count hours towards licensure.