Listening to the Wind: A Brief Introduction to Ecotherapy, Aug. 14, 2021
August 14 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
CLASS FORMATTED FOR ‘SOCIAL DISTANCING’ PROTOCOLS
12-4pm PDT (3-7 EDT = 7-11am NZT = 8-12pm BST)
If there were ever a time that we needed deep Nature connection, this is it!
Are You Ready…?
• For more time outdoors?
• To bring the healing powers of Nature into your work and daily life?
• To find new resources to face the ongoing pandemic and the eco-anxiety of living in these times?
• To more often feel that wonderful sense of ease and connection with all of life?
Come Join Us To….
• Experience yourself and body more deeply as a part of Nature
• Learn how this elemental connection has everything to do with your well-being
• Learn tools for helping yourself and others connect with Nature and orient to life in healthy, supportive and energizing ways
• Witness a live demonstration of Wilderness Reflections’ unique mindful, body-oriented approach to ecotherapy.
Open to healing arts professionals as well as the general public, this fun, experiential day will introduce participants to some basic principles and practices of the field of Ecotherapy. We’ll blend discussion of the bases of ecotherapy with experiential activities, quiet reflection and a chance to consider how to integrate the day’s learning into one’s work or life. The program includes a demonstration of our powerful ecotherapy approach and a brief overview of our Professional Ecotherapy Certification Program.
The erroneous notion of modern society that we humans are somehow separate from or not a part of Nature causes much of our distress and dis-ease. Logically, we can understand this– what or where else could we be? Yet this alienation is so commonplace in western culture that we often don’t even notice it. And even as we are awakening to the gravity of this situation for the larger biosphere, we are still just learning how best to respond.
Through an array of theories and practices of Ecopsychology and it’s applied form, known as Ecotherapy, seek to redress this fundamental alienation and restore the wellness that comes when we live with a felt sense of connection to Nature all around and within us. As healers and helpers, there is much we can do to ally ourselves and our efforts with the healing forces of Nature. Join us to be inspired and learn more.
While we would much prefer to meet outdoors together, as is our customary practice, with a little creativity, we can still get most of the benefits of this class in this different format. We’ll meet online (Zoom meeting). If possible, we encourage students to call in from somewhere outdoors, even their own garden/yard/neighborhood park.
When: Sat., Aug 14, 2021, 12-4pm, PDT
Where: Online and in your backyard or ‘near Nature’.
Internet Access: Students must have a device capable of Internet access with video streaming during the class.
Fee: $90* (in your home currency- USD, NZD, AUD or contact us for others). Student/intern rate $45. (Some scholarship funds available for BIPOC participants and also for those impacted by COVID-19. Contact us for more details. No one turned away due to lack of funds.)
* PLEASE NOTE: All fees are non-refundable & non-transferable within one week of the course *
To Register and Pay in USD:
1) Go to our website’s Registration Page and complete the form and
2) Follow the links to make payment ($90USD) on Paypal.
To Register and Pay in NZD (From Banks in NZ only):
1) Go to our website’s Registration Page and complete the form.
2) Make Payment ($90NZD): After you register our website automatically shifts you to Paypal, Don’t Make a Payment There. Instead make payment by bank transfer in NZD from anywhere in New Zealand to us as noted below.
Account Holder: Wilderness Reflections; Account number: 02-1291-0561522-000
Address: TransferWise, 56 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6JJ United Kingdom
To Register and Pay in AUD (From Banks in Australia only):
1)Go to our website’s Registration Page and complete the form.
2)Make Payment ($90AUD): After you register our website automatically shifts you to Paypal, Don’t Make a Payment There. Instead make payment by bank transfer in AUD from anywhere in Australia to us as noted below.
Account holder: Wilderness Reflections Account number: 419791120 BSB Code: 802-985
Address: Transferwise, 36-38 Gipps Street, Collingwood VIC 3066 Australia