- This event has passed.
Somatic Ecotherapy Consultation Seminar- Spring
April 10, 2015 @ 9:30 am - June 19, 2015 @ 12:30 pm$200 - $575
What do therapy and the practice of therapy look like when we experience ourselves a part of the natural world?
We understand logically that we are always present in and a part of Nature. Yet much of our suffering as humans comes from an experience of disconnection and alienation from the natural world. When the psyche is considered to be part of Nature, human nature may be understood and worked with in an entirely different way. The time has come for psychology to embrace humanity as a part of Nature.
We also all know that being in Nature can be highly restorative and therapeutic. This consultation group is designed for mental health practitioners who are called to tap into Nature’s highly restorative and healing powers and help clients deepen their connection with the natural world.
Join this seminar to explore and learn:
• How to engage the body and Nature in alive-in-the-moment, experiential therapeutic work
• How to use natural objects as therapeutic resources and evoke unconscious material
• Apply weekly readings in Nature-based psychology to assessment and treatment planning
• Clinical implications and legal/ethical considerations for indoor & outdoor ecotherapy
• Work with personal and collective grief about ongoing damage done to the natural world