- This event has passed.
Step Outside and Tame Your Inner Critic- Nov. 7th
November 7, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$50
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I’ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.
Come meet me there! In this field of wild acceptance that is wild Nature.
You may spend many hours of your days entangled with your internal critical voice, or Inner Critic. You struggle to silence it, to disprove it. You try to self-medicate in healthier ways or maybe you project onto others, criticizing them and blowing up your relationships. Nature offers an ideal venue for finding freedom with this self-critical inner dialogue.
I don’t think I ever in my life have felt completely “whole” or like I belonged…but lying there, with my head on the mossy rock, the lap of mother earth, at the foot of the mother tree, I really and truly felt it.” -DayQuest participant
After all, what tree is ashamed of itself?
What squirrel tries to be a bear?
Or worries it might not be peeling the nut correctly?
What fly seeks to impress the hawk?
In Nature, there are so many possibilities for radical self-acceptance, self-nurturing and healing interaction with our Inner Critic. And while simply taking time in Nature can be healing and restorative, the practices of ecotherapy can greatly enhance this process.
Get Ready To:
- Gain Peace with your Inner Critic to access courage when you need it most
- Learn tools to step out of toxic shame and self-criticism to live more freely and fully
- Find new resources for managing judgments so that you feel more connected to others
- Discover how Nature can be a great ally in healing all kinds of personal wounds
- Use the four facets of Inner Critic healing to enhance health, reduce stress and improve relationships
Who: Anyone ready to be more free,alive and less burdened by their Inner Critic
What: An introduction to the healing magic of ecotherapy and intentional engagement with Nature
When: Saturday, November 7th, 10am-12 noon
Where: Marin County, location sent upon registration
Fee: $50. Space is limited.