Professional Ecotherapy Certification Program- Spring 2020
April 18 @ 9:00 am - August 4 @ 9:00 pm$3997
**Redesigned to Accommodate Out of Town Students**
“The Time Has Come for Psychology to Embrace Nature and Humans as a Part of Nature”
Learn from ecotherapy pioneer David Talamo, MFT how to integrate the healing magic of Nature into your clinical practice. Whether you wish to work indoors or out on the land, this training will give you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to safely and effectively weave Nature into your therapeutic approach.
Using mindfulness, somatics, expressive arts and ceremony, this unique 5-month long certification program combines on-the-land daylongs and evening meetings with writing and study to give you a foundation in the field of ecotherapy and support you in being ready to clinically design your own ecotherapeutic treatment plans. Each student will receive two individual ecotherapy sessions with Dave (2 hrs per session) and have two individual consultations with Dave to refine their own ecotherapy approach and interventions (1 hr per consultation).
Who: Therapists, Interns, Social Workers, Psychologists, Coaches and other practicing mental health professionals eager to bring Nature to their clients and their clients to Nature.
When: The program starts April 18, 2020 and ends Aug. 4, 2020.
The program begins with 8 days on wild lands in Marin County for experiential learning in Nature: 4/18-25/2020
We’ll meet in person (or by video call-in for out-of-town students) on 8 Tue. evenings, 6-9 pm: 5/5, 5/19, 5/26, 6/9, 6/23, 7/14, 7/21 & 8/4/2020
Where: On the land in west Marin County, CA and in the office in San Rafael, CA (or by video call-in).
Fee: $3,997. Deposit $500 (balance due 35 days before start of program). Limited to 10 participants.
** Early Bird Registration Discount: Enroll by Nov. 11th and receive a $300 discount. **
Continuing Education credits: 75 CE credits are available for this program (for an additional fee of $60)
• CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
• The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
• LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
• SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
• For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Wilderness Reflections at info@WildernessReflections.com. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com
Licensure hours- ACSWs, AMFTs and other interns may count hours towards licensure.